Community Relations Coordinator
ORGANIZATION INFO: State Rep. Joe Sosnowski proudly represents the 69th Legislative District which includes portions of Boone and Winnebago Counties.
POSITION PARAMETERS: Full-time; Benefits; Salaried; Travel and Expenses Reimbursed.
PURPOSE OF POSITION/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Community Relations Coordinator is a key ambassador position for Representative Sosnowski.
- This role is a unique opportunity to educate the community-at-large and key stakeholders about the Representative’s mission, Illinois’ programs, and partnership opportunities.
- Create effective strategic marketing initiatives.
- Develop, implement, and run a social media plan. Maintain a regular schedule of social media and other public relations opportunities.
- Create community events and outreach opportunities. (Examples: Kid’s reading program, community luncheon, advisory councils, etc).
- Maintain an ongoing events calendar, creating new events and outreach to grow community engagement.
- Strategically develop relationships in the community.
- Identify issues that affect community constituents, district businesses, or organizations and help facilitate solutions.
- Attend community meetings, regularly communicate in person, via social media, email, or phone with constituents, business leaders, and community leaders.
- Make public appearances and speaking engagements to share information about State of Illinois policies and programs.
- Identify improvements to processes and implement as able.
- Ability to work flexible hours and days.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a friendly manner with staff, residents, and the general public both in writing and verbally.
- Able to multitask as other related duties may be assigned by the State Representative.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Communications or related degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear, concise manner.
- Experience using and managing social media accounts.
- Literacy in computer applications including graphic design software, word processing, excel, database management, video editing software, and Google suite of programs.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining deadlines.
- Professional manner in dress and when interacting with others both inside and outside of the organization.
- Reliable transportation.
- Demonstrates good team work and self-motivated.
- Experience planning and coordinating events.
Applications and resume’s accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org.